PRIVACY & COOKIE STATEMENT
Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSi, we, us, our) fully respects your right to privacy. This privacy statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites will be clearly identifiable as such.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By accessing and using this website, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this privacy statement.
We may need to update this privacy statement from time to time so we recommend that you check you have read the most recent privacy statement each time you visit our website.
Any personal information which you volunteer to OSi will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the Acts). However the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any personal information which is transmitted to us over the internet.
For the purposes of the Acts, the data controller is Ordnance Survey Ireland of Phoenix Park, Dublin 8, D08 F6E4.
Collection and use of personal information
We will collect and process the following data about you:
(i) Information you give us - This is information about you that you give us if you register to use our website and services, make a purchase, participate in competitions or/and online surveys, register to receive marketing eNewsletters or report a problem with our website or services. The information you give us may include your name, address, Eircode, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and location information for purchases products.
(ii) Information we collect about you - we collect and store the following information about you:
• the IP address from which you access our website (an IP address is the number automatically assigned to your computer when you are surfing the web);
• the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net);
• the type of browser and operating system used to access our website;
• the type of device you use to access our website;
• the date and time of your access to our website;
• the pages you visit;
• your shopping cart details, email address and postal address including Eircode; when you purchase goods and services; so as to make subsequent purchases easier for you;
• the previous website address from which you reached us, including any search terms used;
• access to external links from our website; and
(iii) Information we receive from other sources - We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
(i) Information you give to us - We will use this information:
• to process your registration should you choose to register on our website in order to purchase goods and services from us;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the goods and services or any information that you request from us as well as to contact you if there is an issue in relation to such purchases;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to contact you if there is an issue in relation to your use of our website;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data);
• to notify you about changes to our service; and
• to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
(ii) Information we collect about you - We will use this information:
• to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
(iii) Information we receive from other sources - We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Selling or disclosing your information
OSi will not sell or rent your information to any third party for any purpose. You agree that we have the right to share your information with:
• selected third parties used by OSi to provide it with support services in connection with this website so they can provide such services. All third parties providing such support services are required by OSi to meet the same standards of data protection as OSi and are prohibited from using the information for their own marketing purposes; and
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your information
• where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or who may be injuring or interfering with OSi’s rights, property or operations, other users of this website, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
• where the law requires it, or in response to any lawful demand by law enforcement in connection with a criminal investigation, or by civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation; or
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use the following cookies:
(i) Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
(ii) Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
(iii) Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
(iv) Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
Cookie name Cookie Description
CART The association with your shopping cart.
• CATEGORY_INFO Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
• COMPARE The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
• CUSTOMER An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
• CUSTOMER_AUTH An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
• CUSTOMER_INFO An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
• CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS Stores the Customer Segment ID
• EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
• FORM_KEY Stores form key used by page cache functionality.
• FRONTEND Your session ID on the server.
• GUEST-VIEW Allows guests to edit their orders.
• LAST_CATEGORY The last category you visited.
• LAST_PRODUCT The most recent product you have viewed.
• NEWMESSAGE Indicates whether a new message has been received.
• NEW RELIC We use the New Relic cookies to monitor the performance of the website, its underlying systems and architecture. See the following link for further information:
NO_CACHE Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
• PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
• RECENTLYCOMPARED The items that you have recently compared.
• STF Information on products you have emailed to friends.
• STORE The store view or language you have selected.
• VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS The products that you have recently viewed.
• WISHLIST An encrypted list of products added to your Wish List.
• WISHLIST_CNT The number of items in your Wish List.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in your browser settings. Disabling cookie support may prevent this website from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilise fully all of its features and information. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the osi.ie website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
Submitting Your Credit Card Number
When you submit your credit card number to purchase products on this website, we offer the use of a secure server. If you choose to use the secure server, the secure server software (SSL) encrypts the credit card information you submit before it is sent to us. This helps ensure that the information is protected against unauthorised access.
For website security purposes and to ensure that this website remains available to all users, our computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic in order to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorised attempts to upload information or change information on our website are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law.
Right of Access
You have the right, subject to certain exemptions, to obtain a copy of any personal data we hold about you to correct any inaccuracies in such data or where appropriate, the erasure of such date. If you wish to avail of any of these rights, please contact us in writing: by email at email@example.com or by fax +353-1-820-4156 or by post at Ordnance Survey Ireland, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8, Ireland D08 F6E4. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will not take more than 40 days to process.
Links to Other Websites
This website may provide links to other OSi and third party websites as a service to our users. The privacy statement described here does not apply to those websites. Please ensure you check the terms and conditions and the legal and privacy statements posted on each website you link to.
Ordnance Survey Ireland Data Privacy Notice
At Ordnance Survey Ireland we respect privacy. It is important that you know what we do with personal information that you and others provide to us, why we gather it and what it means to you. This document is being provided to you in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on 25 May 2018. From that date, the GDPR, together with applicable Irish requirements, amend existing data protection law and place enhanced accountability and transparency obligations on organisations when using your information. The GDPR also introduced changes which give you greater control over your personal information.
This summary explains the most important aspects of how we use your information and what rights you have in relation to your personal information. Please take time to read this notice carefully. If you are under 16 years of age, please read this summary with a parent or guardian and ensure you understand it.
If you have any further questions about how we use your information, please contact our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 01-8606778, or by mail to Ordnance Survey Ireland, Ordnance Survey Road, Phoenix Park, Dublin 8, D08 F6E4.
Full Statement available at: