Tailte Éireann - Customer Charter
The national providers of trusted, maintained geospatial data and platforms to ensure the State’s digital geography is easy to find, share and use.
Tailte Éireann – Surveying has a proud tradition spanning three centuries of delivering quality products and services to its customers. Our Customer Charter sets out the level of service we aim to provide for our customers, in line with the 12 Principles of Quality Customer Service.
Our Contact Details:
Tailte Éireann – Surveying
Ordnance Survey Road
Compliments, Complaints and Feedback
If you wish to give feedback, or are unhappy with the quality of service you have received you have the right to complain. Tailte Éireann is committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
We are committed to:
- Dealing with complaints in a courteous and efficient manner
- Resolve complaints where possible at the first point of contact
- Correcting any mistakes as quickly as possible
- Ensuring any errors do not re-occur
A complaint in the first instance should be taken up directly with the individual who provided the service or in his/her absence the supervisor of that area.
If it is not possible to resolve the matter with staff member or supervisor you may direct the complaint, preferably in writing, to Tailte Éireann – Surveying's Customer Service Officer, who can be contacted at:
- The Customer Service Officer will issue a formal acknowledgement within 5 days.
- We will work to issue a full response to the complaint within 30 working days of receipt.
- In complex circumstances our response may be longer than 30 working days. In that instance we will inform the customer of that within 30 days of first receiving the initial complaint. We will also provide an estimate of the timescale for bringing the investigation to a conclusion, an explanation for the delay and that an update will be provided every 20 working days thereafter.
- If the complaint is upheld then steps will be taken to remedy the fault and we will provide appropriate redress to the customer.
- If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of the investigation you have the right to appeal. In the first instance this will be investigated by the line manager responsible for Customer Service. If the matter fail to be resolved at that stage you have a right to appeal to the General Manager of Business & Marketing who has full responsibility for the management of all aspects of customer service and who reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
If the matter is still not resolved, you have the right to appeal to the Office of the Ombudsman.
Contacting Tailte Éireann – Surveying – Covid-19 Pandemic
Currently our public offices are closed. During the Covid-19 Pandemic the majority of our staff are working remotely and are unable to receive phone calls or conduct personal appointments. Arrangements are made to distribute any post received. However, we currently recommend communication by email as the best means of contacting us. A list of Tailte Éireann emails is included below.
We will acknowledge any written enquiry within 5 working days of receipt of your communication.
Correspondence addressed to individual members of staff will be replied to by the staff member as quickly as possible.
In the case of an email to our customer service department and where a reply is required by the sender we will aim to acknowledge receipt of your email within 5 days and provide a comprehensive reply within 30 days.
In complex circumstances our response may be longer than 30 working days. In that instance we will inform the customer of that within 30 days of first receiving the initial complaint. We will also provide an estimate of the timescale for bringing the investigation to a conclusion, an explanation for the delay and that an update will be provided every 20 working days thereafter.
Purchasing Tailte Éireann Products and Services
To help us to provide an efficient service and excellent experience customers should:
- Use our online service at store.osi.ie to purchase our products including Planning Packs (Digital and Paper), Land Registry Maps and Tourist/Leisure Maps.
- Purchase through our Official Agents. (Please see our website store.osi.ie for further details).
- Contact Map Sales by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Familiarise themselves with Copyright, Planning and Land Registry Guidelines
Suggested Customer Preparation prior to contacting Tailte Éireann – Surveying
Before contacting Tailte Éireann – Surveying please have all your details ready such as transaction number, co-ordinates, locality and type of map.
Always treat our staff with courtesy, patience and respect.
Contact us by email on one of the email addresses listed below.
More information on Tailte Éireann’s customer service commitments can be found in Tailte Éireann’s Customer Service Action Plan 2019 – 2021.
Service through the Irish language
As an organisation, Tailte Éireann is committed to providing quality services in both Irish and English. We will comply with the Official Languages Act 2003 and any Regulations made under the Act.
Map Sales: email:email@example.com
Digital Sales: email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Trade Sales: email:email@example.com
Copyright Administration: email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Aerial Photography Sales: email:email@example.com
Customer Services: email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Geodetic Surveying Services: email:email@example.com
Ríomhphoist trí Gaeilge: email:firstname.lastname@example.org