OSI Online Store Contact Form Privacy Notice
This is a statement of the practices of Business & Marketing Unit, Ordnance Survey Ireland (OSI), in connection with the use of personal data in respect of the provision of information services and support in respect of purchases with the organisation.
OSI fully respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of those who share information with OSI. Any personal information which you volunteer to OSI will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, in accordance with Irish and European Data Protection legislation. Personal data will be processed shall in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Acts 2008 - 2018.
The privacy notice explains the following:
The personal data we collect (customer names, email addresses) from you will be used by OSI only in accordance with the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.
Through this contact form collect personal data limited to customer name and email addresses in order to support the functions as outlined in our mandate under Section 4 of the OSI Act 2001.
Names and email addresses are collated for the purpose of responding to customer queries around purchases with the organisation.
The data collected in the form outlined above will be limited to a small communications team within the Business and Marketing area of OSI for the purpose of processing as outlined above.
The data we collect about you will be used for the organisations response to product queries delivered to the customer support team through this portal.
The legal bases for processing used by OSI in support of the activity as outlined in the privacy notice are, under Article 6.1 (a,b,c) of GDPR:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
If you have any queries or complaints in relation to the use of your personal data, or wish to exercise any of your rights contained within GDPR, you can contact the Data Protection Officer OSI
Any data we collect from you will be stored confidentially and securely. OSI are committed to ensuring all accesses to, uses of, and processing of OSI data is performed in a secure manner.
In keeping with the data protection principles we will only store your data for as long as is necessary. For the purposes described here we will store your data for, OSI will only store your personal data for one year.
When we store your personal data on our systems the data will be stored either on the OSI premises or on secure IT platforms within the EEA which are also subject to European data protection requirements.
OSI operates an ISO 27001 standard Information Security system supported by staff trained in both information security and data protection.
OSI will not share your data with any third parties
You have the following rights over the way we process your personal data.
Right of Access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you and to exercise that right easily and at reasonable intervals.
You have the right to withdraw your consent where that is the legal basis of our processing only.
You have the right to have inaccuracies in personal data that we hold about you rectified.
You have the right to have your personal data deleted where we no longer have any justification for retaining it subject to exemptions such as the use of pseudonymised data for scientific research.
You have the right to object to processing your personal data if:
- We have processed your data based on a legitimate interest or for the exercise of the public tasks of the OSI if you believe the processing to be disproportionate or unfair to you.
- The personal data was processed for the purposes of direct marketing or profiling related to direct marketing.
- We have processed the personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- You are contesting the accuracy of the personal data;
- The personal data was processed unlawfully;
- You need to prevent the erasure of the personal data in order to comply with legal obligations;
- You have objected to the processing of the personal data and wish to restrict the processing until a legal basis for continued processing has been verified.
Where it is technically feasible you have the right to have a readily accessible machine readable copy of your data transferred or moved to another data controller where we are processing your data based on your consent and if that processing is carried out by automated means.
If you wish to make a complaint or escalate an issue relating to your rights you can contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org Finally, if you are not satisfied with the information we have provided to you in relation to the processing of your data or you can also make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission via the link on their website.